We’ve been hard at work this week!
We’ve made some improvements in behavior in AutoFlow Pro and we’ve also managed to do another two AutoFlow Pro tutorials – bringing the total up to five! We still have some more to do…
Get the new update here.
Here’s a quick link to the tutorials.
We’ve also been doing work on integrating the new website look into more of our site, and more integration to come.
On an interesting aside, we wrote a cute little script yesterday which will find the next hyphenated word in your current story to make it easier to find bad breaks. You can get the script here.
In an effort to let folks know what we have to offer, In-Tools is moving over to a WordPress based web site. We have lots of exciting developments on the horizon, and we want everyone to know about them. With our new site, you can subscribe to RSS feeds, or just pop in and read the latest posts to find out about the latest happenings.
We hope to upload a whole pile of free scripts in the near future. We also plan on creating lots of tutorials to show what you can accomplish with our plug-ins.
It’ll take some time to move the entire site over to the new format, but we’re very excited about the new look!
Here’s some links on how to set up RSS feeds in different programs. Thanks to Kris over at Rorohiko for compiling this list!
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
One day after release, we already have an update. Version 1.0.1 fixes a minor bug where the Reflow Current Story command does not work under certain circumstances.
Get the new version here.
June 8, 2009 NYC, NY, USA – In-Tools, developers of automated computerized publishing solutions, announces the release of AutoFlow Pro 1.0, a plug-in for InDesign CS3 and CS4. AutoFlow Pro combines with InDesign’s sophisticated composition abilities to provide a remarkably advanced solution for flowing and reflowing entire documents, and requires only minimal user attention. With AutoFlow Pro you fully control the layout of both text and images, using both master frames and non-master frames.
AutoFlow Pro is simple enough for even beginner users, but is also an incredibly advanced plug-in that has the power to automate the flow of documents in extremely complicated ways. The automation is exceptionally flexible and is useful in a wide range of applications.
AutoFlow Pro adds the following functionality to InDesign’s composition of documents:
- AutoFlow Pro dynamically expands and shrinks individual text frames, and threaded stories.
- AutoFlow Pro adds and removes text frames and pages as necessary to fit text.
- AutoFlow Pro does not require the use of master text frames. This is an important advantage over other products which offer auto-flow capabilities.
- AutoFlow Pro adds the ability to apply unique settings to any or every individual story in a document, which is far more flexible than InDesign CS4’s document-wide-only ability.
- AutoFlow Pro intelligently flows the text according to your settings.
- AutoFlow Pro applies master pages according to your settings to transform ordinary master pages into dynamic page templates that can move and resize both text frames and graphic frames, by simply applying a different master page!
- AutoFlow Pro’s transformations can be automatically activated by text reflows.
- AutoFlow Pro can link paragraph styles to master pages and automatically apply the correct master page as necessary.
- AutoFlow Pro can automatically thread stories across different master pages.
- AutoFlow Pro can automatically reposition and resize both text frames and graphic frames when page sides or the applied master page changes.
AutoFlow Pro provides the following valuable benefits for book compositors, magazine producers, and graphic designers in general:
- Transform your master pages into dynamic templates.
- Take complete control of your document flow.
- Let automatic pagination free you to actually design your publication.
- Retain full quality control of your publication in collaborative environments.
- Instantly adjust the layout of an entire page or group of pages.
- Increase precision with text frames which will always fit exactly to your text.
- Save time and headaches when reflowing text.
Pricing and Availability:
AutoFlow Pro licenses can be purchased from the AutoFlow Pro product page at an introductory price of $99 (USD) for use with InDesign CS3 or CS4, on a single Macintosh or Windows workstation. AutoFlow Pro is also available as part of the InBook and InSefer plug-in packages. When purchased as part of the InBook or InSefer plug-in package, use is allowed on up to two personal workstations. A 30 day fully functional Demo is available for download. In-Tools is offering a FREE upgrade to all licensed users of Auto-Flow (a much more basic, now-discontinued product which offered auto-flow capabilities). AutoFlow Pro is available for both Macintosh and Windows, and works with Adobe InDesign CS3 and CS4.
See the AutoFlow Pro product page for more information.